Refined: Clarifying Red Wine MaskRegular price NZD$69.00
BUFF & CLEAR
Is your skin prone to congestion, breakouts, excess shine, or dry, rough and flaky skin? Feel confidently clearer, polished and firmer instead.
Our award-finalist, alcohol-free red wine formula is designed to draw out impurities and pollutants for clearer pores, minimise excess oil and shine that causes breakouts, polish dead skin cells that cause rough and flaky skin, protect skin from environmental aggressors and boost circulation for an overall refined, smooth and glowing complexion.
It's a self-heating clay mask (or spot treatment) that leaves your skin clearer, polished and firmer as if you've just had a microdermabrasion - without the salon appointment!
- Size: 60mL/2oz glass jar
- Stunning natural scent featuring a 0.1% blend of vanilla, sweet orange and clove essential oils for a subtle aroma
- Award-finalist, fast drying and self-heating clay formula
- Natural, vegan, cruelty-free and pregnancy-friendly
- Long-lasting (approximately 60 standard uses)
Did you know that as we age our natural skin renewal process slows down resulting in dry, flaking skin, and when our skin is dehydrated it produces more oil to compensate?
As we age, the rate at which we produce new skin cells slows down, along with the weather, enlarged pores, lifestyle factors and the wrong skincare means that our skin can be more prone to being oily, flaky, dehydrate and in need of a more a clarifying mask that doesn't dry skin. Combine that with a decrease in collagen production, exposure to UV rays, daily makeup, environmental pollutants, and a build up of dead skin cells, making skin susceptible to premature ageing, dehydration, dullness, loss of elasticity, congested pores, and breakouts. More importantly, clarifying pores and sloughing off dead skin cells, promotes circulation, and can improve skin's ability to absorb other treatments, serums and ingredients, leaving skin brighter.
Specially formulated to draw out impurities for clarified pores, smooth skin, absorb excess shine, reduce the appearance of breakouts, and leave skin glowing, Refined features:
- Halloysite Clay, sourced from Matauri Bay in New Zealand, assists to clarify skin and carries oxygen, a boost of circulation means skin received a higher amount of nutrients and oxygen for brighter, glowing skin.
- Kaolin, assists to work deeper within the skin to absorb impurities that lead to blackheads.
- Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir Grape Extract assists to even out skin tone, cleanses pores, combat the appearance of breakouts, while protecting our skin from environmental damage.
- Bentonite assists to excess oil from the skin's surface to reduce the formation of blackheads and breakouts. On contact with water, bentonite releases energy called an exothermic reaction (the heat that you feel on your skin as the mask transitions from wet to dry is intended) which promotes blood flow–boosting action, clarifies pores of excess oil and impurities that may lead to the formation of blackheads and breakouts and smooths skin. The self-heating thermal process causes blood vessels to dilate, boosts blood circulation and opens pores for a deeper clean.
- Zeolite, contains volcanic minerals which have a high negative charge and high absorptive properties to clarify skin. On contact with water, bentonite releases energy called an exothermic reaction (the heat that you feel on your skin) which assists to stimulate blood circulation, clarify pores of excess oil and impurities that may lead to the formation of blackheads and breakouts, and smooths skin. The self-heating thermal process causes blood vessels to dilate, boosts blood circulation, and opens pores for a deeper clean.
Prix de Marie Claire Beauty Awards - Finalist: Natural 2020
You can find all of our Awards here: www.rawkanvas.co.nz/awards
Refined is a self-heating mask that stimulates blood flow and causes a tingling sensation while it works to open pores and draw out impurities. After cleansing, you may wish to use Refined in one of the following ways:
- Whole of face, semi-diluted: Semi-dilute Refined with water in the palm of your hand prior to applying a thin layer to already moistened skin
- Whole of face, undiluted: Apply a thin layer to already moistened skin if you are tolerable to the heat sensation
- Spot treatment: Apply Refined to spots and blemishes only
- Congested areas: Apply a thin layer to congested areas only (such as the nose and chin) to already moistened skin
Leave on for 5 mintues, or until completely dry, before removing. Avoid eye area.
For optimal results, use once a week.
TIP: The heat sensation occurs while the mask transitions from wet to dry. Therefore, the thinner the mask is applied, the faster the mask dries and the heat sensation is shorter-lived. The thicker the mask is applied, the longer the mask takes to dry and the heat sensation is extened.
- The self-heating thermal formula may generate a warming, cooling or tingling sensation as a result of the active ingredients working. On contact with water, the clay releases energy known as an exothermic reaction - this is intended (the heat that you feel on your skin while the mask transitions from wet to dry)
- Your skin may appear flushed for a short period of time due to the warmth and this is typical
- Please read directions on how to use this multi-use mask. Apply a sparse, thin layer to already moistened skin. Avoid eye area
Cleanse – Exfoliate – Mask (as required) – Tone – Serum – Eyes – Moisturiser – Retinol – Facial Oil
Follow our suggested RAWKANVAS routine here: www.rawkanvas.co.nz/routine
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Halloysite (New Zealand Clay), Zeolite, Kaolin (Australian Clay), Quartz, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Skin Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Glyceryl Undecylenate*, Betaine, Bentonite, Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Root Powder*, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Solanum Aviculare (Kangaroo Apple) Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Roselle) Flower, Macropiper Excelsum (Kawakawa) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vegetable Derived), Monascus Purpureus (Red Yeast Rice) Extract, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Oil, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Oil, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon Bark) Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, p-Anisic Acid, Citric Acid
*Denotes organic ingredients.
NOTE: Sweet orange is extracted and formulated to have no photosensitising effects.
Learn more about our natural, vegan and cruelty-free ingredients here: www.rawkanvas.co.nz/ingredients
Designed to enhance your confidence and backed by science, our innovative blends deliver high-quality natural, vegan and cruelty-free ingredients all brought to life with aromatic natural scents and beautiful natural colours.
- Award-winning: Our collection includes award-winning products spanning three years running, so you can be confident in your skincare journey.
- Natural and vegan ingredients: Backed by science, nature has some of the gentlest, yet powerful ingredients you can find. We've harvested these to create highly effective natural, vegan and cruelty-free products to nourish and improve the appearance of your skin. Coloured and scented from plants and flowers, our collection showcases stunning hues and aromas straight from nature to your beauty bar. Natural products vary in colour, texture and scent from batch to batch. While the ingredients and formula remain completely unchanged, natural colours and natural scents can very depending on the season the ingredients were grown and harvested. You’ll always know that each batch is fresh and unique!
- Cruelty-free: Free from animal products and animal testing, our products are vegan and cruelty-free with natural ingredients that are locally sourced using sustainable practices. We test on real people. Animals have no business in beauty.
- Handcrafted: Handcrafted in boutique batches, every batch is lovingly poured while supporting human jobs and environmental sustainability.
Learn more about RAWKANVAS here: www.rawkanvas.co.nz/our-story
We want people to feel at home in their skin, while we care for our home on this earth. This earth produces the ingredients that so beautifully care for our skin, and it is our responsibility to help nourish the earth that so generously nourishes us.
That’s why we have carefully selected recyclable glass packaging, recycled print materials for our postage and product boxes, and compostable starch fill within our postage boxes too, while also running our in-house recycling program RAWCYCLE. This ensures that RAWKANVAS reduces unnecessary emissions in the beauty world all the while giving packaging a new life, time and time again.
Learn more about our commitment to sustainability here: www.rawkanvas.co.nz/sustainability
Learn more about our recycling program RAWCYCLE here: www.rawkanvas.co.nz/recycling-program
Storage & Care
If unopened, we recommend a shelf life of 18 months.
Once opened, we recommend that products are used within 6 months to ensure the highest possible quality is maintained.
We use natural preservatives to keep our products in their freshest and most active form.
Caution: For cosmetic use only. In the rare event of irritation, discontinue use. Store below 30°C/86°F, away from direct sunlight, humidity and moisture. External use only. Keep out of reach of children. Follow directions for use. Avoid contact with eyes. Patch test to ensure skin compatibility.
If there’s one thing we know, it’s that your skincare journey is as unique as your skin itself. So, if you don’t feel like you’re on the right journey, we are happy to help you find your way.
We offer a store credit, exchange or refund on any unused and unopened items purchased from RAWKANVAS within 14 days of receiving the items. Just get into contact with us via email@example.com so we can explore your options with you.
Learn more about our returns policy here: www.rawkanvas.co.nz/returns
NZ - We offer FREE shipping within New Zealand when you spend $45 or more.
International - We offer FREE worldwide shipping on orders over a certain spend*. Find the value for your country via the link below.
Learn more about our free shipping here: www.rawkanvas.co.nz/shipping