The Foundation: Flawless Retinol & Vitamin C LotionRegular price $89.00 NZD
RENEW & BRIGHTEN
Is your skin showing signs of pigmentation, sun damage, maturing, fine lines, breakouts, dullness or light scarring? Feel confidently renewed, brighter and more youthful instead.
Our award-winning retinol and vitamin C formula is designed to:
- reduce the appearance of sun damage, light scarring and pigmentation for a brighter, even skin tone
- smooth the appearance of fine lines for firmer skin
- promote elasticity and stimulate collagen synthesis
- reduce the appearance of breakouts by preventing dead cells from clogging pores
- lock in moisture within the skin for a plumper complexion
- resurface skin for an overall renewed appearance
When it comes to a flawless base it's a fast-absorbing, non-greasy and get-it-all done retinol lotion for a brighter, smoother and more radiant complexion.
- Size: 50mL/1.69fl. oz glass bottle
- Scent: 0.1% blend of jasmine and tuberose essential oils
- Award-winning, lightweight, non-greasy and non-clogging lotion formula
- Natural, vegan and cruelty-free
- Approximately 120 standard uses
NOTE: Not suitable during pregnancy.
Did you know that as we age our collagen production slows down? Combine that with exposure to ultraviolet rays and environmental aggressors and our skin is susceptible to dehydration, premature ageing, loss of elasticity, fine lines, sagging and dullness. Therefore it's important to incorporate a collagen stimulating lotion into your routine that's packed with vitamin C and retinol (vitamin A) to support the body's ability to boost collagen production, decrease the appearance of pigmentation, defend against further damage and improve the overall appearance of skin.
Specifically formulated reduce the appearance of pigmentation, smooth the appearance of fine lines and resurface skin for an overall renewed complexion, The Foundation provides the following benefits:
Smooth fine lines, reduce the appearance of scarring, pigmentation and breakouts with Retinol (Vitamin A)
Assists to smooth the appearance of fine lines, reduce the appearance of pigmentation, scarring and the breakouts for a brighter and more even skin tone, and boost collagen production for a plumper, youthful-looking appearance.
Revitalise and brighten the appearance of skin with Davidson Plum (Vitamin C)
Assists to promote elasticity, stimulate collagen, brighten and even out the complexion and overall revitalise the appearance of skin.
Nourish with Avocado Oil and Buriti Oil
A source of beta carotene, protein, lecithin, fatty acids, and vitamins A, D, and E, avocado oil assists to nourish and moisturise skin without leaving an oily residue, while reducing the appearance of redness and breakouts too, fortifies the skin barrier and encourages moisture retention.
Plump skin with Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid assists in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles by retaining moisture within the skin, creating a plumping effect. When the skin is protected and hydrated, increased skin cell production can take place as the skin isn't busy fighting for hydration which helps to leave skin smoother and plumper.
- The Beauty Shortlist Awards - Editor's Choice 2021
- The Beauty Shortlist Awards - Editor's Choice 2020
- The Beauty Shortlist Awards - Editor's Choice 2019
View our awards
In the evening after moisturising, apply a pea-sized amount to moist skin and massage until absorbed. Use every second evening.
- Follow the 'ease in' method to introduce a skin cell renewal product properly
- Apply twice a week only, for the first two weeks of use, until your skin is comfortable and tolerable for more frequent use (building up to every second evening)
- Pregnancy: NOT suitable during pregnancy
- Suncream: As retinol works to gently exfoliate and resurface the skin, slight tingling may occur and may increase your skins sensitivity to the sun so apply a broad spectrum SPF daily
- Sensitive skin: If you have sensitive skin, do NOT use a chemical peel (such as Canvas: Resurfacing AHA & BHA Treatment) within 24 hours of using a retinol
- Skin purging: Skin purging occurs when your skin is adjusting to an active ingredient that is beneficially increasing the skin cell renewal rate. You may notice common signs of excess sebum, flakiness and skin build up (causing breakouts) while you're adjusting to the product and your skin cycle is fast-tracked. While breakouts have been brought to the surface by the product, this has not been caused by the product - in fact this is a great sign that the product is working to clear out underlying gunk
Cleanse – Exfoliate – Mask (as required) – Tone – Serum – Eyes – Moisturiser – Retinol – Facial Oil
Follow our suggested RAWKANVAS routine
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Glycerin* (Vegetable Derived), Punica Granatum Pericarp (Pomegranate) Extract*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Mauritia Flexuosa (Buriti) Fruit Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Davidsonia Pruriens (Davidson Plum) Fruit Extract, Unadaria Pinnatifidia (Wakame) Extract*, Cetearyl Olivate*, Sorbitan Olivate*, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Glyceryl Undecylenate*, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Extract, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol (Vegetable Derived), Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, p-Anisic Acid, Polianthes Tuberosa (Tuberose) Oil, Citric Acid
*Denotes organic ingredients.
Doesn’t include parabens, silicones, synthetic fragrances or colours, petrolatum, GMO’s, PEG’s, sulfates, synthetic preservatives, phthalates, mineral oils, triclosan, formaldehyde, toluene, propylene glycol or drying alcohols
Learn more about our natural, vegan and cruelty-free ingredients
Designed to enhance your confidence and backed by science, our innovative blends deliver high-quality natural, vegan and cruelty-free ingredients all brought to life with aromatic natural scents and beautiful natural colours.
- Award-winning: Our collection includes award-winning products spanning three years running, so you can be confident in your skincare journey.
- Natural and vegan ingredients: Backed by science, nature has some of the gentlest, yet powerful ingredients you can find. We've harvested these to create highly effective natural, vegan and cruelty-free products to nourish and improve the appearance of your skin. Coloured and scented from plants and flowers, our collection showcases stunning hues and aromas straight from nature to your beauty bar. Natural products vary in colour, texture and scent from batch to batch. While the ingredients and formula remain completely unchanged, natural colours and natural scents can very depending on the season the ingredients were grown and harvested. You’ll always know that each batch is fresh and unique!
- Cruelty-free: Free from animal products and animal testing, our products are vegan and cruelty-free with natural ingredients that are locally sourced using sustainable practices. We test on real people. Animals have no business in beauty.
- Handcrafted: Handcrafted in boutique batches, every batch is lovingly poured while supporting human jobs and environmental sustainability.
Learn more about RAWKANVAS
We want people to feel at home in their skin, while we care for our home on this earth. This earth produces the ingredients that so beautifully care for our skin, and it is our responsibility to help nourish the earth that so generously nourishes us.
That’s why we have carefully selected recyclable glass packaging, recycled print materials for our postage and product boxes, and compostable starch fill within our postage boxes too, while also running our in-house recycling program RAWCYCLE. This ensures that RAWKANVAS reduces unnecessary emissions in the beauty world all the while giving packaging a new life, time and time again.
Learn more about our commitment to sustainability
Learn more about our recycling program RAWCYCLE
Storage & Care
- Unopened: We recommend a shelf life of 18 months
- Opened: We recommend that products are used within 6 months once opened to ensure the highest possible quality is maintained
Please be mindful to ensure all lids are securely tightened and wash and dry hands prior to use to ensure that moisture and/or bacteria is not introduced in to the product.
We use natural preservatives to keep our products in their freshest and most active form.
Caution: For cosmetic use only. In the rare event of irritation, discontinue use. Store below 30°C/86°F, away from direct sunlight, humidity and moisture. External use only. Keep out of reach of children. Follow directions for use. Avoid contact with eyes. Patch test to ensure skin compatibility.